Tuesday, November 1, 2011

PJs in Public

Little Red Riding Hood, the Wolf, Granny, and the Woodsman

It was my first attempt to make costumes for the Littles and pull off a costume theme for the family.

Let's look past the wolf's wonky ears, crooked nose, and eye falling off.

Let's pretend I wasn't one of the few mothers dressed up at the school Harvest party, and certainly the only not dressed up as a beautiful fairy/beautiful witch/beautiful woodland creature.

Let's forget that I was on the receiving end of some strange looks (I don't think people could figure out what I was), and comments such as "you look tired" (as in so tired I forgot to get dressed??), and "you are brave" (really, really, not).

The kids were adorable, Ben rocked the woodsman outfit, and I spent an entire evening in public dressed in an oversized nightgown, robe, and slippers.  

I bet I was a whole lot more comfortable than those beautiful fairies.





5 comments:

Mark and Jenn said...

You rock! Great costumes! You make one gorgeous granny.

Kami said...

LOVE the family costumes! You and Ben are adorable! Oh and the kids too!

kirstin & jordan said...

LOVE (lovelovelovelove) it! Oh my goodness. You did such a great job.

Christina said...

Reading your post, I could just hear you talking - you're so funny and awesome - LOVED the family costumes!! :) :) And Jenn's right - you are a gorgeous granny. I've seriously never seen you look dumpy...and I've seen you in lots of situations! haha ;)

Anonymous said...

I love that you do Halloween as a family! Ben's a great woodsman, and you are a very fetching granny. Love Lil' Red Riding Hood and that blue-eyed wolf! Love you guys. AJ