Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Poppy

On Sunday, February 17th my beloved Poppy unexpectedly passed away in his sleep. It’s still hard to believe this giant of a man, so full of life and love is gone. Rather than try to capture his amazing life, I’ll defer to the beautiful obituary my Uncle Bob wrote.


As difficult as last week was, there was such sweetness in being surrounded by family. As Uncle Bob said, it was as though we were all in a protective bubble, full of stories, laughter and tears. Now that we’re back to “the real world”, I’m reminded again of how blessed I am to have such an openly affectionate and completely loving family. We share freely and without reservation our emotions and devotion to one another.

Poppy loved his family more than anything. And although I didn’t think it was possible, his passing has brought his family even closer together.


3 comments:

Erin said...

Your Poppy sounds like he was a wonderful man...that legacy will always be there.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute you've made here. You're a very special lady.

Love, UB

Natalie said...

Thank you for such a beautiful tribute to our Poppy.